About the Boosters
The EWHS Music Boosters is a dedicated group of parent volunteers, educators, and community members committed to enriching the lives of students through music education. Our fundraising efforts provide essential resources and opportunities for students to excel in the world of music. We are a recognized 501(c)(3) organization, Federal Tax ID 91-1226385
Our functions include:
- Providing support to the staff and students
- Raising supplementary funds to benefit the Music Department
- Providing scholarships for music students
Funding the Gap
The EWHS Music Boosters organization closes the financial gap between the needs of our Music Program and the funding provided by the school district. This support allows the program to provide a wide variety of high-quality music immersion opportunities to students from all backgrounds, thereby furthering equity in our school and our district.
2023-2024 Boosters Budget
This school year, the EWHS Music Boosters organization needs to raise approximately $50,000 to fund our program activities. In the pre-pandemic era we hosted a Fundraising Gala most years, but we are adjusting our strategy to suit the times. This year we are excited to present our first ever Winter Benefit Concert with performances by our talented music students in the beautiful setting provided by the prestigious Edmonds Center for the Arts.
The majority of the Boosters budget is directed at Sectional Coaching and Participation Opportunities (more below). We also cover expenses associated with the maintenance of donated instruments and incidental costs such as meals at events.
- Sectional Coaching allows music professionals to work with our students in small groups. The benefits are significant, and include intensive “ear” and technique training, exposure to new genres of music, direct contact with the music industry and further education, as well as practical motivation for students.
- Participation Opportunities include access to individual scholarships, Financial Aid, and subsidized experiences outside of school, such as camps, festivals, competitions, field trips, concerts and more. Our program is deeply committed to equity and inclusivity for all our music students.
Membership – No dues!
All parents/guardians of EWHS music students are members by virtue of their student’s participation in the music program. There are NO dues!
Parent participation enables our music teachers to do what they do best – spend their time working directly with our music students. Please consider attending Music Boosters meetings and volunteering. All levels of commitment are welcome.
Music Boosters Meetings
Check our monthly calendar for meeting dates. All EWHS music parents are invited to attend. We look forward to seeing you this year!
Importance of Music Education
Extensive research supports a strong positive correlations between Music Education and:
- Higher SAT Scores: verbal & math section. (Profiles of SAT & Achievement Test Takers, The College Board, 2001)
- Higher Academic Achievement in Math, Science, Reading, History and Geography. (Neurology Research, 2-28-1997; U of S study by Leffrey Kluball, 2000; Dr. James Catterall, UCLA, 1997)
- Positive Self-Esteem, Discipline, Motivation, Social Skills and Teamwork. (MENC’s Benefits of Music Brochure, 2003)
- Greater resistance to Drug and Alcohol Use. (Texas Commission on Drug and Alcohol Abuse Report, 1998)
For more information about our organization, please submit your details and your question via our contact form and member of the executive team will get back to you