Edmonds-Woodway High School Music Boosters Club
The EWHS Music Boosters Club is a nonprofit, charitable association organized for the purpose of supporting the EWHS Music Department. Our functions include:
1) providing support to the staff and students.
2) raising supplementary funds to benefit the Music Department.
3) providing scholarships for music students.
Membership – No dues!
Due to COVID-19, the meetings will be held online until futher notice. Check the monthly calendar (found on this website) for meeting dates. All EWHS music parents are invited to attend. We look forward to seeing you this year! Contact us for more information!
Importance of Music Education
RESEARCH SUPPORTS a positive link between Music Education and:
- Higher SAT Scores: verbal & math section. (Profiles of SAT & Achievement Test Takers, The College Board, 2001)
- Higher Academic Achievement in math, science, reading, history & geography. (Neurology Research, 2-28-1997; U of S study by Leffrey Kluball, 2000; Dr. James Catterall, UCLA, 1997)
- Positive Self-Esteem, Discipline, Motivation, Social Skills and Teamwork. (MENC’s Benefits of Music Brochure, 2003)
- Greater resistance to Drug & Alcohol Use. (Texas Comm on Drug & Alcohol Abuse Report, 1998)